Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mathematics


Today, mathematics is used throughout the world as an essential tool in many fields such as natural science, architecture, engineering, medicine, social science and many more. Mathematics is the science and study of quantity, structure, space and change. Mathematical entities exist independently of the human mind. Thus humans do not invent mathematics, but rather discover it, and any other intelligent beings in the universe would presumably do the same.



Now a days, there are people who hate mathematics. They say mathematics is useless in their life. But, I treat it as a part of my life. Mathematics is interesting and fun. When you finish solving the questions, you can feel success in your life. It is amazing.

Mathematics is the study of logic in life. Our life is just like a mathematics questions. When we are doing the mathematics questions, at the mean times, we can discover the logic in our life. Some people says life is hard. However, there are people who disagree with this fact. Actually there are no right or wrong in saying that life is hard. It is depending on which direction of view you are looking at. Some people use longer way to achieve something, but there are people who use the opposite way to achieve it as well. No matter what type of methods you are using, at the end of the day, you will achieve the same thing also.



Recently, I was studying a mathematics question. When my lecturer gave me the question, I couldn't answer it. It has confused me. My friends taught me a lot of methods to do that question, but I can't understand what were they explaining about. They used all the weird methods that I never seen before. After that, I used about 3 days to think about that question. Unfortunately, I still can't get it. Then I started to think that I'm stupid in this area.

One day, I purposely wake up early, because I have remembered what my ex-lecturer told me when I was in INTI College Sarawak. She said:" do not acts stubborn when you are doing mathematics questions, and always use different direction of view to solve it. When you can't think the methods of doing it, try to rest for awhile".



In the early morning 3am, I woke up and start to do that mathematics question. I was surprised when I finished solving that question with the correct answer within 5 minutes. I was happy because the method is work.

Actually mathematics is all about logic thinking. When you think that is hard, it is hard. But when you use the other ways of thinking, it might surprise you. So, what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment